Thanks for visiting our Callaway Apex Pro Irons Review. As you know, you can’t play golf without golf clubs. In fact, one could argue that it’s downright impossible to engage in the game without having the right equipment that makes getting the ball from point A to B possible.
But then there comes the struggle of getting the RIGHT equipment.
Not all golf clubs are made equally, despite what some might think. Endless variations exist all with their own notable differences. Combinations of shafts, grips, and of course, irons, all have a bearing on the quality of your performance.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Listen To Me?
- 2 Callaway Apex Pro Irons Features:
- 3 Our Thoughts After Using The Callaway Apex Pro Irons:
- 4 Pros & Cons
- 5 Callaway Apex Pros Irons Review & Final Verdict(4.3/5)
Why Listen To Me?
My name is Linda Parker, my mom was a LPGA pro before my parents met, and I’ve been around golf since before I could walk.
For this review, we’ll take an in-depth look at the Callaway Apex Pro Irons and weigh in on its features.
Does it offer the user the impact and consistency it claims or does this iron set fall short?
Read on to find out!
Callaway Apex Pro Irons Features:
- Flash Face Cup Designed With A.I. The flash face architecture is one of the first to be designed by A.I. technology. This affords it greater control, speed, and improved spin robustness for every club.
- Forged Feel. The Pro Irons are forged with a 1025 hollow body construction and patented urethane microspheres.
- Player’s Performance Model Category. This means that the distance and game improvement of the irons are based on the performance of the user. Golf irons are usually categorized by the benefits they afford the user: Player Distance which is for golfers looking for distance; Game Improvement where the irons and clubs are designed to get players lots of forgiveness; and Player Performance which offers a little of both.
- Compact Head Shape. Compact head shapes are ideal for golfers around the mid-handicap range.
- Wide Set Makeup. The Pro Irons comes in the following numbers: 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, AW
- High Overall Forgiveness. Forgiveness refers to a club that delivers adequate distance and accuracy on poorly struck shots. This Tungsten Energy Core improves launch characteristics while simultaneously improving forgiveness
Callaway Apex Pro Irons Handicap Range
What Is the callaway apex pro irons handicap range? That’s a great question, the Apex Pro Irons are Ideal For Those With Mid-Handicap Range.
A golf handicap is a numerical measure of a golfer’s potential that is used to enable players of varying abilities to compete against one another.
The Apex Pro Irons are best suited for golfers with a handicap range of +5 TO 5
Our Thoughts After Using The Callaway Apex Pro Irons:
We took them out to beautiful Farms Golf Club in San Diego, California, to really put them to the test!
It’s got a Great Design
Honestly, we love it! The Callaway Irons’ ability to offer consistently decent distance and impact with every use.
This is in no small part due to their forged construction and A.I.-provided architecture.
Thanks to these features, we enjoyed an iron set that helps absorb unwanted vibration and make the hit feel extremely smooth, even if it’s missed slightly.
The Distance Is Adequate
The distance offered by this set of irons allows for good enough. Good but not great.
Indeed, this is a sentiment shared by other reviewers too who have found them to be a bit lacking in the distance department, comparing it to the Callaway Rogue.
Despite this though, we would still recommend the Callaway Irons’ 360 Face Cup Technology for providing consistency, highlighting the importance of reliability and accuracy in the clubface’s design over its ability to provide long-distance shots.
The Whole Set Come With Decent Shafts
Another aspect of the Apex Pro Irons that we have to rave about is their True Temper Elevate 95 shaft.
Boasting medium weight and medium spin, these shafts are versatile enough to provide optimal swings no matter the scenario, leading to a great flight.
Very Versatile Usage
With a model category of Player Performance, the Callaway Irons straddles the line between being distance-driven and being forgiving.
Depending on your style of gameplay, this might be a benefit or a setback. If you’re a beginning golfer looking for a dependable iron set, then the Callaway Apex Pro Irons is one you should consider getting.
If you’re an experienced golfer though who is looking for the extra element that brings your stats through the roof, then this iron set might be just enough to deliver or fall short of what you need as a player.
Pros & Cons
- A.I. Design. Being designed by a computer with the singular purpose of ensuring aerodynamics and performance has given the o Irons some of the most innovative shapes of any golf irons.
- Easy To Use. Lightweight, durable, and yet forgiving enough to ensure you can compete with professionals, the Callaway Irons are a great option for someone looking for an iron set that does the heavy lifting for you.
- Works Great For Both Left and Right Handed Players. One thing that makes the Callaway a great investment is how seamlessly they can adapt to a player’s needs. Whether you’re a righty or a lefty, Callaway Apex has irons perfectly suited for you.
- Great Price Point. The usual price range for premium golf clubs or iron sets is nowhere near a drop in the pocket. Luckily, the Irons offer you as close to professional-level design and performance as possible without costing an arm and a leg.
- Might Not Be Too Forgiving. There’s no doubt at all that the Irons are a forgiving set of golf irons. That being said, it might fall short of the forgiveness offered by other golf iron sets with somewhat higher price points.
- Suited for Beginning to Intermediate Golfers. The Callaway Apex Pro Irons is a great buy when playing recreationally or for smaller tournaments.
- It Might Require Multiple Purchases to Have a Complete Set. One of the main problems people have with this set is that, depending on where you purchase, some of the more specialized clubs require a separate purchase.
Callaway Apex Pros Irons Review & Final Verdict(4.3/5)
And that was our review of the Callaway Apex Pro Irons.
Despite lacking in distance and forgiveness, this is still a pretty strong iron set overall.
With some of the brightest minds going into the design of the clubhead and a consistency that makes it easy to work with, the Callaway Apex Pro Irons are definitely a great investment for a beginning to intermediate-level player.
Plus, its competitive price point makes it a worthy purchase to serve as a backup set of clubs should the need arise.
If you’re looking for some decent clubs, give the Callaway Apex Pro Irons a try.